- Tanning agents (Tannins): inter alia anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative
- Flavonoids: immuno-modulating, inter alia antimicrobial, antioxidative
- Essential oils (Terpenes): inter alia spasmolytic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
- Bitter Constituents: inter alia promoting liver health and digestive functions
- Pungent agents: inter alia stimulating the appetite, pain inhibiting, anti-inflammatory
Tibetan plant compounds stand out not only for their abundance of effective ingredients but also for the low dose of the individual substances. Herein they differ from the highly dosed single compound drugs of modern phytomedicine.
The multi-compound formulas release numerous signals in the body which gently influence various processes in the metabolism; they have thus a “multi-target” effect. Particularly in combating complex life-style diseases, such as atherosclerosis etc, this “multi-target” approach seems to be a promising treatment.